Home Chef is one of the longest running meal delivery kit services in the US. They have been on the market for half a decade, perfecting helping shape the meal delivery industry. Their menu changes each week, featuring 16 different recipes for you to choose from that are designed to take less than half an hour to cook. Dinner services cost $9.95 per serving. They also include a couple of quick 5 minute lunch options which cost $7.99 per serving, and fruit add-ons for $4.99. During holidays, they will include special meal options, complete with sides and desserts.
Like most meal delivery services, kits can be delivered on a schedule that you choose, and come in insulated boxes that keep your food fresh. Subscriptions can be paused or cancelled at anytime.
- 16 recipes and 2 add-ons on the menu each week.
- Omnivore, vegetarian, and allergy-friendly options.
- Flexible Servings option.
- You can set your personal taste preference.
- Fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
- Easy-to-follow recipes guides.
- Dinners can be prepared in 30 minutes or less.
- No cooking required lunches that ready in 5 minutes.
- Free shipping on orders over $45.
- Option to purchase kitchenware and gift cards on the website.
- Poor selection of options for specialty diets
- Delivers to only about 90% of the US
Overall, Home Chef is a good option for families. Their prices are fair, and the regularly changing menus, and step by step recipe cards make cooking easy.